Birthstones are reported to have originated from the 12 stones on the breastplate of Aaron in the Old Testament of the Bible. Since there was one stone for each of the 12 tribes of Israel one could be born into, they were stones that indicated one’s birth.
Wearing or carrying your birthstone is said to bring good luck and protection. There are several different charts of birthstones, including traditional and modern, that I’m sharing here with you.
Here is a compilation of everything you need to know about birthstones. Birthstones for all 12 months and by zodiac sign!
And if you want to learn more about Astrology and the Zodiac Signs, go here!
- Traditional: Aquamarine or Bloodstone
- Modern: Aquamarine
- Biblical/Old Testament: Chalcedony
- Traditional: Pearl or Moonstone
- Modern: Alexandrite
- Biblical/Old Testament: Sardonyx
- Traditional: Blue Sapphire
- Modern: Blue Sapphire
- Biblical/Old Testament: Topaz
- Traditional: Opal or Tourmaline
- Modern: Tourmaline, Opal, or Rose Zircon
- Biblical/Old Testament: Chrysoprase
- Traditional: Topaz
- Modern: Golden (Yellow) Topaz or Citrine
- Biblical/Old Testament: Bloodstone
- Traditional: Turquoise or Lapis Lazuli
- Modern: Tanzanite, Blue Zircon, Turquoise
- Biblical/Old Testament: Amethyst